Grabosky describes his piece as, "Inspired by my fascination with Ophiocordyceps, an ant is depicted being helplessly taken over by this parasitic fungus. Different species attach to specific insects and make their way through the body, devouring it from the inside out. It assumes complete control of the victim’s brain and will make the insect move to a location, referred to as a "Killing Zone", where it can spore and feed off of its remains. I am creating a body of work depicting this process in not just insects, but animals and humans alike. Depression can be likened to a parasite in that it feeds off of your negative thoughts until there is nothing left."
Original Medium, Scratchboard
This *limited edition print features an ant enslaved by a mind-controlling parasite. Offered in a bold black and white contrasting palette.
Check our store for other exclusive prints from Fred Grabosky.
- Limited Edition
- Restricted to a run of 50 pieces per size
- *Museum Quality Giclée Print
- Archival graded paper and inks
- Print Permanence Rating of 150 years
- Durable and smooth Somerset Museum Rag
- 100% naturally coated cotton fiber material
- Heavyweight paper, 300 GSM
- Hand inspected prior to **shipping
- **Shipping tube included in the purchase price
- Printed in USA, paper made in UK
- Made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft
Every print we offer is made in a single or small run and is made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft. We never purchase bulk or stock prints for resale unless noted. Learn more Dark Art & Craft print quality.
Print ships from our Cleveland, Ohio facility. Print will arrive lightly rolled in a thick, protective tube. To ensure the protection of your purchase, print may be shipped and arrive separate from other purchases. Learn more.