Grabosky describes his piece by saying, "This piece touches on the direct connection of death brought on by cordyceps in insects and my idea of this phenomenon taking over humans in the same way. The stroma is the main fungal shaft that spores new fungus. Here, it is attaching to a moth to show this connection. I resonate with this idea of a controlling parasite and relate this feeling to personal mental strains that have catastrophic effects on me."
Original Medium, Scratchboard
This *limited edition print features a moth and a human skull infected with a large fungal growth. Offered in an earth tone gradient that transitions from grass green, to honey yellow, to warm amber.
Check our store for additional color variations and other exclusive prints from Fred Grabosky.
- Limited Edition
- Restricted to a run of 50 pieces per size
- *Museum Quality Giclée Print
- Archival graded paper and inks
- Print Permanence Rating of 150 years
- Durable and smooth Somerset Museum Rag
- 100% naturally coated cotton fiber material
- Heavyweight paper, 300 GSM
- Hand inspected prior to **shipping
- **Shipping tube included in the purchase price
- Printed in USA, paper made in UK
- Made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft
Every print we offer is made in a single or small run and is made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft. We never purchase bulk or stock prints for resale unless noted. Learn more Dark Art & Craft print quality.
Print ships from our Cleveland, Ohio facility. Print will arrive lightly rolled in a thick, protective tube. To ensure the protection of your purchase, print may be shipped and arrive separate from other purchases. Learn more.