Grabosky described his inspiration for this piece by saying, "Quite simply, I enjoy arachnids and flowers. But looking deeper, black widows have appropriately adopted quite a morbid and iconic presence over decades. They represent danger and those who are left to mourning their deceased lovers.
Original Medium, Pen & Metallic Ink
Roses are charming and beautiful, delicate and ornate. They represent passion and love before death takes you. I wanted to comment on love being a double-edged sword. It can be charming and beautiful, but the death of that love is always close by. It is a delicate thing to manage at times and you're not always ready for how things will end."
This *limited edition print features a black widow spider crawling over a blooming rose. Offered in a striking black and gold ink on a crisp white background.
Check our store for other exclusive prints from Fred Grabosky.
- Limited Edition
- Restricted to a run of 50 pieces per size
- *Museum Quality Giclée Print
- Archival graded paper and inks
- Print Permanence Rating of 150 years
- Durable and smooth Somerset Museum Rag
- 100% naturally coated cotton fiber material
- Heavyweight paper, 300 GSM
- Hand inspected prior to **shipping
- **Shipping tube included in the purchase price
- Printed in USA, paper made in UK
- Made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft
Every print we offer is made in a single or small run and is made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft. We never purchase bulk or stock prints for resale unless noted. Learn more Dark Art & Craft print quality.
Print ships from our Cleveland, Ohio facility. Print will arrive lightly rolled in a thick, protective tube. To ensure the protection of your purchase, print may be shipped and arrive separate from other purchases. Learn more.