This gothic ink piece from French artist Gustave Doré is steeped in 19th century history. Inspired by the recent mysterious death of Edgar Allen Poe, Doré began work on an extensively crosshatch illustrated version of Poe’s most famous poem, ‘The Raven’. This labor of love was originally published in 1884 as a folio by Harper & Brothers, now known as HarperCollins, one of the largest publishing houses in the world. Sadly, he never got to see his work published as he followed Poe to the grave in 1883.
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming..." -Edgar Allen Poe
This *limited edition print features Doré’s most iconic piece from the series. It depicts our tormented and nameless narrator, slumped to the ground in ghoulish repose, accompanying his final utterance, "And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted...nevermore!"
Perch this print on your pallid bust of Pallas just above your chamber door. Or, if you don’t have one of those, you can hang it on your wall next to the other Gustave Doré prints available from our collection.
- Limited Edition
- Restricted to a run of 50 pieces per size
- *Museum Quality Giclée Print
- Archival graded paper and inks
- Print Permanence Rating of 150 years
- Durable and smooth Somerset Museum Rag
- 100% naturally coated cotton fiber material
- Heavyweight paper, 300 GSM
- Hand inspected prior to **shipping
- **Shipping tube included in the purchase price
- Printed in USA, paper made in UK
- Made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft
Every print we offer is made in a single or small run and is made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft. We never purchase bulk or stock prints for resale unless noted. Learn more Dark Art & Craft print quality.
Print ships from our Cleveland, Ohio facility. Print will arrive lightly rolled in a thick, protective tube. To ensure the protection of your purchase, print may be shipped and arrive separate from other purchases. Learn more.