This blackened relief was plucked from one of Gustave Doré’s most prolific and influential works, the series of 241 wood engravings he hand etched for La Grande Bible de Tours. This wildly successful 1866 printing of the Vulgate, the Vatican’s latin bible, included the often banned and highly controversial apocryphal books of unknown origin. The influence of Doré’s wrathful biblical depictions is evident in everything from the fire and brimstone sermons spat by pulpit preachers to the blasphemous art house movies of Ken Russell.
"Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live." -Ezekiel 37:9
This *limited edition print of ‘Vision of the Valley of the Dry Bones’ breathes life into the prophet Ezekiel’s nightmarish experience. The prophet looms over a valley of death, silhouetted by an ominous sky. He witnesses dried bones reconnect as a swirling wet mass of sinewy flesh engulfs each skeletal figure.
This print will be right at home hanging above the brutalist album covers in your record collection. More digital than analog? Nestle this vision of the undead between the other Gustave Doré prints available in our store.
- Limited Edition
- Restricted to a run of 50 pieces per size
- *Museum Quality Giclée Print
- Archival graded paper and inks
- Print Permanence Rating of 150 years
- Durable and smooth Somerset Museum Rag
- 100% naturally coated cotton fiber material
- Heavyweight paper, 300 GSM
- Hand inspected prior to **shipping
- **Shipping tube included in the purchase price
- Printed in USA, paper made in UK
- Made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft
Every print we offer is made in a single or small run and is made exclusively for Dark Art & Craft. We never purchase bulk or stock prints for resale unless noted. Learn more Dark Art & Craft print quality.
Print ships from our Cleveland, Ohio facility. Print will arrive lightly rolled in a thick, protective tube. To ensure the protection of your purchase, print may be shipped and arrive separate from other purchases. Learn more.