"Isle of the Dead" or "Toteninsel" by german symbolist Artist, naturalist, and painter Karl Wilhelm Diefenbach. Based on the original work by Swiss painter Arnold Bocklin. Museum-quality posters made on thick and durable matte paper. Add a wonderful accent to your room and office with these posters that are sure to brighten any environment. 12" X 18" no border or 24" X 18" with thick black border available.
Karl Wilhelm Diefenbach (Born 1875) was a renowned German painter and radical social reformer. Early on Diefenbach attended the Munich Academy of Art and was deeply inspired by the works of fellow symbolist and Swiss painter Arnold Bocklin. Notice Diefenbach's darkly beautiful homage to Böcklin's famous "Isle of the Dead" including the additions of Egyptian motifs and pillars.
Credit: Wellcome Collection. CC BY This print file comes from Wellcome Images, this file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. This art print is our reworking and retouching (to adapt the work) of this print file.
- Paper thickness: 10.3 mil
- Each print comes shipped in a thick protective tube to keep Art from harm
- Paper weight: 5.6 oz/y² (192 g/m²)
- Giclée printing quality
- Opacity: 94%
- Beautiful made to order Dark Art reproductions and contemporary Artists prints. Learn about our printing.
- Limited edition and licensed Art products from Dark Art & Craft. Support contemporary Dark Artists directly.
- We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secure checkout
- We offer a simple 14-day return policy on US orders