The Fourth Horseman, Death on the Pale Horse Gustave Doré. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women. Doré was a French artist, master printmaker, illustrator, and sculptor. He worked primarily with wood engraving. The work is linked to Revelation 6:8:
The work is linked to Revelation 6:8:
"The Lamb of God opens the seven seals of a book 'written within and on the backside'. After the opening of the fourth seal, Death rides into the world. He is the fourth knight of the apocalypse. Hell follows him."
Doré's vast works are narrative and iconic, featuring dramatic use of contrast and no aversion to darker themes. His large compositions and intricately detailed etching fit well with the historically weighty projects Doré commonly took on. We have selected some of our favourite pieces from the Paradise Lost & Divine Comedy series to reprint.
Credit: Wellcome Collection. CC BY This print file comes from Wellcome Images, this file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. This art print is our reworking and retouching (to adapt the work) of this print file.
- 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
- Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28||30|
- Beautifully made to order Art quality reproductions and contemporary Artists prints. Click here to learn about our printing.
- Limited edition and exclusive licensed Art products on Dark Art & Craft
- We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secure checkout
- We offer a simple 14-day return policy on US orders